Sunday, June 27, 2010

Curiousity and 5 year old

Jason has always been interested in how things work. A little while ago, we were stopped at a gas station to fill up the tank. He looked puzzled and asked, "Mommy, why does Daddy have to keep putting gas in the car?" I explained that as we drive the car, the gas is used up. He then began asking me lots of questions like where does the gas go? How is it burned up? How does it convert from a liquid to gas? Why can't we see it coming out the tailpipe? He literally questioned me until I didn't know the answers anymore. When Alan got in the car, he had to give me a hand.

After that, we had to spend another 15 minutes explaining the airbags. We're thinking the kid would make a great mechanical engineer.

A few days later, we were driving past a road construction site. Danny was asking what all of the cranes and frontloaders were. (And no, I didn't know what all of them were called.) At the end of the construction, there was a porta potty. When Jason heard what I called it, he was very curious. After I explained what it was and what happened to the contents, he got very excited. "I want one for the living room. When I watch TV, I don't have to miss anything when I have to go potty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment